SkyDroid - Golf GPS app for iPhone and iPad
4018 ratings )
Folla Media, LLC
Current version: 1.9.1
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 05 Jan 2011
App size: 1.17 Mb
SkyDroid - Golf GPS gives you your distance to every green on the course and more. Golf GPS that is easy to use, has a beautiful design, and there are no subscription, usage or course download fees.
We have over 30,000 courses available, with new courses being added every day of the year. You can view the entire course list on our website: www.skydroid.net.
Add new courses (if yours is missing) to our system using our web based Course Mapper tool (see skydroid.net for details and tutorial).
Feel free to contact us with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: See our usage note below for help on searching for courses.
• Clean and Clear design
• Distances to the front, center and back of every green on the course
• Distances to course features (water hazards, bunkers, target points)
• Satellite image of every green and course
• Shot Tracking: Track the distance of your drives!
• Find your distance to ANY point on the course.
• GPS Accuracy indicator (tap at anytime to find your exact accuracy)
• Distances in yards or meters
• Auto Hole advance
• Works Internationally!!
• Audio updates to the center of the green. A great hands-free way to use SkyDroid.
• Book discounted tee times directly through SkyDroid.
No other fees are involved, and you can download as many courses you want without any other charges.
With SkyDroid – Golf GPS, our simple-to-use design will have you spending your time on your golf game, not on clicking buttons.
View all our courses at www.skydroid.net/courses.php
View our FAQ at www.skydroid.net/faq.php
• SEARCHING for Courses: When searching for courses by name, you can just search for "Aug" instead of "Augusta National Golf Course" (leave out the quote marks).
• SEARCHING for Courses: Radar button will find Mapped courses within 25mi/40km of your current location.
• To save battery power, click your power button to turn off the screen when not in use.
• Set your GPS Keep Alive in the SkyDroid settings to control how long GPS stays active when SkyDroid is in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• GPS accuracy can vary over time (click the GPS signal strength icon at any time to see your accuracy).
• Before playing a course preview its mapping by clicking the link for the course name at www.skydroid.net/courses.php (best done using a large screen). Let us know of any mapping issues, or make changes yourself.
• If we don’t have your course, you can add it as long as there is a satellite image of the course available in Course Mapper.
• Change distance measurement (yards/meters) in the app Settings available on the in-app Menu.
• While playing golf you will only incur data usage while using the Satellite View screen. Course downloads can be done at home over Wi-Fi and are small in size.
Enjoy your round!!
Pros and cons of SkyDroid - Golf GPS app for iPhone and iPad
SkyDroid - Golf GPS app good for
I have been searching for a simple app and this one is perfect I don’t need the scorecard because it’s one of the reasons the battery goes fast. The gps and the hazard yardage is all I need with the right settings the battery doesn’t go less than 75%.
This app is great and has found every course I have played at and downloads them almost instantly. Only wish it had a scorecard attached to track scores.
I used to have this app on my android phone until it died and I switched to an iPhone. It is a great app but I miss the score tracking. If this app allows score keeping on iPhones, I will change my rating to 5 stars. Do you see those coming to iPhones anytime soon?
Been using SkyDroid all summer. My course plus 6 others. Very accurate...always comparable to buddies’ $300 range-finders. So I figure I’ve saved my self at least $298. Go for it.
App layout is fine (I prefer even simpler layout), but I have now downloaded 5 golf gps apps on my iPhone 6+ and they are all equally inaccurate. They are all inaccurate enough to not use while playing. They may be ok for getting course layout, but my position on the map is somewhere within 30 yards of where Im actually standing... useless...
I have used this app for 2 years and it works great for me. However, I just got an Apple Watch and found that it doesnt support the watch. Guys, you need to fix that or I will move on. Once you lose me I am gone for good...
Some bad moments
I got a new iPhone X for Christmas went golfing today. This app didnt work very good at all it would never Display anywhere near an accurate distance.
I guess it might need to be upgraded to function correctly with iPhone Xs.
No scoring makes this a no go. Shame it could have been great
UPDATE: After writing my original review below, I decided to delete & reinstall the app on my phone; that made things worse! Several courses that I have played using SkyDroid are no longer available for download. I tried both on my iPhone and on my desktop computer at the SkyDroid web site; those courses have disappeared from SkyDroid. So, I decided to follow the suggestion to map a course using SkyDroid’s mapping tool; that failed to work on both my desktop computer and iPhone. I am waiting to hear back from the developer(s), but at this time, I’m very discouraged and disappointed. An app that used to be one of my favorites is now almost useless to me. I hope that all of my issues will be resolved, but unless that happens, I cannot recommend SkyDroid to anyone, nor can I give it more than one star.
I have been using SkyDroid for several years, and until recently, had been thrilled with it. However, during the past couple of months, it has been giving very incorrect distances to the green for anywhere from one to four holes during an 18-hole round. This has occurred on at least three different courses. For example, my ball might be sitting near the 150 yard marker, yet SkyDroid will indicate 240 yards to the middle, 260 yards to center, and 280 to the back. I have completely quit the app, then relaunched it - no change. I have enabled SkyDroid to use my phone’s Location Service at all times - no improvement. Occasionally, if I wait a minute or two, and gently shake my phone, the yardage numbers will improve - but not always to the correct distance. I am very disappointed, because SkyDroid had been one of my favorite and most used apps. I love the simplicity of a basic yardage provider; I do not want or need the ability to keep my score or track the distance of shots with each club. To the creators of SkyDroid: please fix this issue; I love the concept of your app, and really hope to regain confidence in it.
This app used to be good on my android phone however downloading on to my iPhone 7plus the yardage is way off sometimes by 100 yards it cant compute. I am told by my android friend phone users that it happens on theres as well. This has been going on since golf season started as I hoped it would have been fixed by now. Dont waste your time plenty of other apps out there.
It is showing about 10 to 15 yd short. I cant use this app any more.
It wont download any courses. Do not waste your money on this app its a piece of junk. I wish I could give 0 stars. Absolutely horrible.
golf range finder,
golf course gps,
golf distance finder,
golf range lite,
and other. So, download free SkyDroid - Golf GPS .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually SkyDroid - Golf GPS iOS app used & searched for